We are proud to partner with the following companies, golf courses and other websites that are committed to the walking game of golf.
We are grateful for their support of The Walking Golfer website and The Walking Golfers Society:
– The MacKenzie Golf Bag Company – www.themackenziegolfbagcompany.com
Golf bags and other golf related leather goods handcrafted in Portland, OR .
– Bandon Dunes Golf Resort – www.bandondunesgolf.com
The mecca of walking golf in North America if not the world. Located on the Oregon Coast, BDGR is truly “golf as it was meant to be” and a haven for walking only golf. Pacific Dunes, Bandon Trails, Bandon Dunes and Old Macdonald (opening in June, 2010) are all fantastic tracks well worth a trip to play.
– Ballyneal Golf & Hunt Club – www.ballyneal.com
The ultimate walking golfers club located in the beautiful chop hills of eastern Colorado. Ballyneal represents golf in its purest and most enjoyable form and we are grateful for their support of the walking game.
– Chambers Bay – www.chambersbaygolf.com
As one of the best public walking only golf links in the country, it is no surprise that Chambers Bay has been selected to host the 2010 US Amateur and 2015 US Open. Located on the shores of Puget Sound in Washington, this RTJ II design provides a spectacular day of golf.
– ARTiculation Group & AndersonDDB Health and Lifestyle– www.articulationgroup.com and www.andersonddb.com
When it was time for The Walking Golfer to have a logo created, we trusted our friends at ARTiculation Group and AndersonDDB in Toronto to get the work done in a phenomenal way. Big thanks to Kevin Brady, Dave Laing, Ryan Broadbent and Joseph Chan for the great The Walking Golfer.com logo!
– Ireland Green Golf Tours – www.irelandgreengolftours.com
When The Walking Golfer travels to Eire it is always with Ireland Green Golf Tours. The staff at Cuilcagh Tours can put together dream golf trips for you and your friends, please check out the link above for details.
– Golf Club Atlas.com – http://golfclubatlas.com
A website dedicated to golf course architecture with excellent indepth course reviews of many layouts that walking golfers will enjoy learning about.
– golfnow.com – http://www.golfnow.com
A golf course directory for where to play in the US.
– Golf Channel – Tournament Information – www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-tournaments/
Information on golf tournaments around the world from the Golf Channel.
– golfblog100.com – www.golfblog100.com
Jim Colton’s website that has compiled a comprehensive list of course rankings from well known internet golf bloggers and trusted members of the industry to create, potentially the most well balanced, Top 100 US course listing available.
– Geoff Shackelford.com – http://www.geoffshackelford.com/
Geoff is a well respected golf course architect and writer, who runs one of the best golf blogs on the ‘net.
– EPIC GOLF – http://www.epicgolf.com/
David Mihm’s website and blog provides some great architectural food for thought and well written course reviews.
– The Vagabond Golfer – www.thevagabondgolfer.com
Joel Zuckerman’s website has a lot of great information about walking golf courses. Joel is a very well respected golf writer who recently completed an epic work on Pete Dye and his amazing career in golf course design. Click on the title to purchase Pete Dye: Golf Courses, Fifty Years of Visionary Design from Joel’s website.
– Punchbowl Golf – www.punchbowlgolf.com
Will and Colin bring some great videos and stories to their site – they are living a life in the golf world that many would be envious of – Thanks for sharing gents.
– In Pursuit of 1000 – http://inpursuitof1000.blogspot.com/
Terry is a Society member who has catalogued his golfing exploits since 2006. He has played several hundred courses around the US and has some great photos on his blog.
– Nuzzo Golf Design – http://www.mnuzzo.com/
Mike Nuzzo is a golf architect, and Society member, who was responsible for designing Wolf Point in Gulf Coast, TX. The course is a testament to great walking golf – pleas visit his website to learn more.
– Out and Back – Thomas Dunne – http://out-and-back.net/
Thomas Dunne’s golf travel and commentary website is excellent – and he is a big supporter of the walking game.
– BC Golf News – www.BCGolfNews.com