10 New (Public) Major Championship Courses in Big Markets

Home Forums Welcome to The Walking Golfer Forum 10 New (Public) Major Championship Courses in Big Markets

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ben Cowan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ben Cowan
    Keymaster

With the issue of Maximizing distance at Golden Age (Private) courses and the the Technology debate. I think we need 10 New “Erin Hills” like public courses in the big markets in the US. For Detroit I’d love to see Shepard’s Hollow converted from a 27 hole track to an 18 hole Championship course at 8,000+ yards. Maybe it will be for sale in the next economic downturn.

It would reduce the stranglehold that Privates who host Majors have on initiation fees and also help prevent them from destroying the great Architecture that was bestowed on them 100 or so years ago.

It would be nice to see up and coming Architects showcase their talents. I’d like to get some people’s opinions that have played Erin Hills. The greens seemed very vanilla and lacked any teeth?

What people don’t understand is these courses preserve green space and not all the turf needs to be maint.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ben Cowan.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posting your comment...